Vista startup black screen slow

















Page 1 of 2 1 2 Next. Posted 22 August - PM. Jacee Malware Expert Expert posts. Once the System Configuration tool loads, click on the Boot tab. Hit OK and reboot to see the new screen.


Posted 23 August - AM. Thank you so much for your response. As far as the screen going blank, there is nothing, no text nothing but a completely black screen and the mouse cursor. If this is normal in Vista, I don't need to change it. The slow boot is really my main concern. Is there something I can check to see if there is a hardware problem or a software glitch?


I've been reading that a new computer with the specs on mine sould boot Vista completely in 90 seconds or less. Although I have read that many people aren't getting near that speed. If there is a problem that is not easily fixed, I can still return this computer Posted 23 August - PM. You haven't said which version of Vista you have.


Thank you again for your reply. I have Home Premium and I unistalled the Norton trial immediately. I am using McAfee provided by Comcast instead. Thank you for the link. I went to the page and don't see anything wierd in the services, but honestly I don't think I know what I'm looking for. I get this error at every boot. In case I didn't explain the problem correctly, when I boot I get to the welcome screen and then after a short while it fades to black for around 2 minutes with only the mouse cursor visible and moveable.


After that it loads. Posted 24 August - AM. That's a legitimate service belonging to CyberLink PowerCinema. It's not required at start up, so you can set it to manual. Posted 25 August - AM.


This award is based off of nominations by EE users and experts. Multiple MVEs may be awarded each year. The Expert of the Year award recognizes an expert who helped improve Experts Exchange in the past year through high levels of contributions and participation on site. This award is given to the expert who has achieved the highest levels of participation, while maintaining quality contributions and professionalism. What could take multiple guys 2 hours or more each to find is accessed in around 15 minutes on Experts Exchange.


All rights reserved. Covered by US Patent. Come for the solution, stay for everything else. Welcome to our community! I have a Windows Vista laptop that takes a very long time to boot. It was fine until one day this started happening.


Basically you turn it on, it does the loading bar and then the screen goes black. It hangs here doing nothing for a good 5 minutes or so, then you see the welcome screen and it loads in. The machine is only about a year old. Raa Posted December 29, Have you got UAC disabled, or otherwise changed?


So the disabling of TMM can be used as a workaround. Is this issue also know at HP as far as you guys know? And if so, is there a fix on its way? Rafael Posted December 29, King Antonius Posted December 29, Posted February 1, Any update so far from HP? Coz I haven't been able to contact them Posted February 2, Hi Don't know if this may help you at all - Linky Let us know how you get on Regards lacuna. KC Posted February 3, Posted February 3, Thx for the link. Checking up on that one Posted March 21, Aaron Olive Posted March 21, Posted April 14, Harreh Posted April 14, I don't have any problems with slow boot-ups, or shut downs.


This topic is now closed to further replies.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Windows 95 compatible browsers

Sample 10 mb pdf file download

Autocad 2011 tips tricks and industry secrets download